From Wikipedia, the không lấy phí encyclopedia
|All the Bright Places|
Bạn đang xem: all the bright places
|Directed by||Brett Haley|
|Based on||All the Bright Places|
by Jennifer Niven
|Cinematography||Rob C. Givens|
|Edited by||Suzy Elmiger|
|Music by||Keegan DeWitt|
All the Bright Places is a 2020 American teen romantic drama film, directed by Brett Haley, from a screenplay by Jennifer Niven and Liz Hannah, adapted from the novel of the same name by Niven. It stars Elle Fanning, Justice Smith, Alexandra Shipp, Kelli O'Hara, Lamar Johnson, Virginia Gardner, Felix Mallard, Sofia Hasmik, Keegan-Michael Key, and Luke Wilson.
It was released on February 28, 2020, by Netflix, vĩ đại positive reviews from critics.
Theodore Finch and Violet Markey are two teenagers who live unhappily in a small Indiana town. She is quietly dealing with survivor's guilt after the death of her sister Eleanor and he is a loner, called a freak by other students.
Finch and Violet meet on the bridge where Eleanor died in a siêu xe crash nine months earlier. Violet survived the crash, and has not been in a siêu xe since. She finds herself standing on the edge of the bridge on what would have been Eleanor's nineteenth birthday. Finch, out for a lập cập, sees Violet perched on the edge looking in and climbs up next vĩ đại her, talking her down from a possible suicide.
Finch begins a partnership with an initially reluctant Violet for a school project that requires the students vĩ đại explore Indiana together. He looks her up on Facebook, researches her sister's siêu xe accident, reads through Violet's old writing, and chats with her online. Finch and Violet travel around Indiana vĩ đại see sites chosen by him for the project.
Violet refuses vĩ đại travel by siêu xe, sánh they xe đạp vĩ đại the highest point in Indiana. However, vĩ đại visit a miniature roller coaster too far away vĩ đại xe đạp vĩ đại, she agrees vĩ đại get in Finch's siêu xe. Violet returns vĩ đại writing, for the first time since Eleanor's death. He helps her talk about her sister, which no one else had managed vĩ đại tự. Violet slowly begins vĩ đại heal and they fall in love.
Xem thêm: my daughter is a dragon
Violet notices Finch's occasionally strange behavior. He sometimes disappears for days. One day, while they are swimming at the Blue Hole, Finch disappears under the water. By the time he resurfaces, Violet is distraught and forces him vĩ đại tell her more about himself, threatening vĩ đại leave if he doesn't. Finch reveals that he had been physically abused by his father, who sometimes got into "dark moods."
On one occasion, Finch and Violet stay out all night by accident, upsetting Violet's parents. At school that day, he loses his temper on Violet's ex-boyfriend after being called "freak." The two boys fight, and Finch leaves in his siêu xe. Violet, who broke up the fight, ends up in the principal's office with Finch's closest friend, Charlie, who talks vĩ đại her about him.
Finch attends a tư vấn group session, earlier recommended by the school guidance counselor, but nothing fruitful comes of it, partly because he cannot describe his problems. He visits the bar where his sister Kate works and prompts her vĩ đại speculate on why their father was abusive, and whether he could have been helped. Upset, Kate dismisses the topic, saying she doesn't care, and that their father is someone else's problem now. Disappointed, Finch leaves for their house, where Violet is waiting. As she questions him about the post-it notes put up everywhere, he alludes vĩ đại his episodes of "dark moods" when he fails vĩ đại "stay awake." Finally, convinced he is beyond help, shouts at her vĩ đại leave.
Finch disappears again. As suggested by her father, Violet checks places they had visited together and drives vĩ đại the Blue Hole. There, she finds Finch's clothes and phone, and correctly infers that he has drowned himself. Some time later, she attends his funeral.
While healing from Finch's suicide, Violet finds the map they used vĩ đại travel around Indiana and notices the last location they were supposed vĩ đại visit together marked in red. It's the Travelers' Prayers Chapel, a resting place for travelers and a place of healing for mourners. She finds his signature in the guest book.
- Elle Fanning as Violet Markey
- Justice Smith as Theodore "Theo" Finch
- Alexandra Shipp as Kate Finch
- Luke Wilson as James Markey
- Kelli O'Hara as Sheryl Markey
- Lamar Johnson as Charlie
- Virginia Gardner as Amanda
- Felix Mallard as Roamer
- Sofia Hasmik as Brenda
- Keegan-Michael Key as Richard Embry
- Chris Grace as Hudson
In July năm ngoái, it was announced that Elle Fanning would star in All the Bright Places, with author Jennifer Niven writing the adapted screenplay. In July năm ngoái, it was announced that Miguel Arteta would be directing the film. In July 2018, Justice Smith joined the cast of the film, with Brett Haley replacing Arteta as director, and Liz Hannah co-writing the script with Niven. Echo Lake Entertainment and FilmNation Entertainment produced the film, with Fanning, Paula Mazur, Mitchell Kaplan, Doug Mankoff, Andrew Spaulding, and Brittany Kahn serving as producers, while Hannah served as an executive producer.
In October 2018, Alexandra Shipp, Keegan-Michael Key, Luke Wilson, Kelli O'Hara, Virginia Gardner, Felix Mallard, Lamar Johnson, and Sofia Hasmik joined the cast of the film, with Netflix distributing. Principal photography began on October 4, 2018, in Elyria, Ohio.
Xem thêm: con ranh con lộn
The film was released on February 28, 2020 through Netflix.
As of October 2021, All The Bright Places holds a 64% approval rating on review aggregator trang web Rotten Tomatoes, based on 39 reviews, with an average of 6.2/10. The website's critics consensus reads: "Though it at times buckles under the emotional weight of its source material, All The Bright Place [sic] succeeds on the strength of Elle Fanning and Justice Smith's charming and tender performances." On Metacritic, the film holds a rating of 61 out of 100, based on 9 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
Kimber Myers of the Los Angeles Times gave the film a positive review writing: "Though it's not without humor, "All the Bright Places" takes teens' emotions seriously and will move romantics of any age - in possibly unexpected ways". Courtney Howard of Variety gave the film a positive review writing: "Its pure beating heart and humanistic undertones make it somewhat of a standout". Candice Frederick of The Thành Phố New York Times also gave the film a positive review writing: "Smith and Fanning bring thoughtful performances vĩ đại this delicate tale." Benjamin Lee of The Guardian gave the film 2 out of 5 stars writing: "There's messaging inserted near the start of the kết thúc credits for those who might be affected by the themes raised. But it doesn't negate what comes before it: a film that lingers briefly in the deep kết thúc but remains disappointingly shallow."
- ^ Kroll, Justin (July 31, 2014). "Elle Fanning vĩ đại Star in Adaptation of YA Novel 'All the Bright Places' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Archived from the original on August 3, 2014. Retrieved October 5, 2018.
- ^ Fleming, Mike Jr. (July 27, 2015). "Miguel Arteta To Helm Elle Fanning-Starrer 'All The Bright Places'". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on June 24, 2021. Retrieved July 30, 2021.
- ^ Hipes, Patrick (July 23, 2018). "'All The Bright Places' Movie Ramps Up With Justice Smith vĩ đại Star With Elle Fanning, Brett Haley Directing". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on December 5, 2020. Retrieved July 30, 2021.
- ^ Galuppo, Mia (October 4, 2018). "Alexandra Shipp, Keegan-Michael Key Join Elle Fanning in 'All the Bright Places' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on January 28, 2021. Retrieved July 30, 2021.
- ^ Fanning, Elle (October 4, 2018). "Violet + Finch. Day 1 #AllTheBrightPlaces @netflix #bretthaley". Instagram. Archived from the original on 2021-12-24. Retrieved July 30, 2021.
- ^ "The Mazur Kaplan Company and Echo Lake Entertainment Start Production and Round Cast on Brett Haley's "All the Bright Places" Starring Elle Fanning and Justice Smith for Netflix". Netflix Media Center. October 4, 2018. Archived from the original on January 14, 2020. Retrieved July 30, 2021.
- ^ See What's Next [@seewhatsnext] (December 12, 2019). "Elle Fanning, Justice Smith, Alexandra Shipp, Kelli O'Hara, Keegan-Michael Key, and Luke Wilson star in All The Bright Places, adapted from Jennifer Niven's best-selling novel" (Tweet). Retrieved July 30, 2021 – via Twitter.
- ^ "All the Bright Places". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango. Archived from the original on 2020-05-27. Retrieved October 10, 2021.
- ^ "All the Bright Places Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on June 16, 2021. Retrieved July 30, 2021.
- ^ Myers, Kimber (February 28, 2020). "Review: 'All the Bright Places,' with Elle Fanning and Justice Smith, finds romance in darkness". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on May 15, 2021. Retrieved July 30, 2021.
- ^ Howard, Courtney (February 28, 2020). "'All The Bright Places': Film Review". Variety. Archived from the original on February 28, 2020. Retrieved February 28, 2020.
- ^ Frederick, Candice (February 28, 2020). "'All the Bright Places' Review: Love Amid Trauma". The Thành Phố New York Times. Archived from the original on August 17, 2021. Retrieved July 30, 2021.
- ^ Lee, Benjamin (February 28, 2020). "All the Bright Places review – teen charm can't lift maudlin Netflix drama". The Guardian. Archived from the original on August 21, 2021. Retrieved July 30, 2021.
- All the Bright Places at IMDb