From Wikipedia, the miễn phí encyclopedia
Bạn đang xem: carmex
Not lớn be confused with CarMax.
|Product type||Lip Balm|
|Produced by||Carma Laboratories, Inc.|
|Markets||Australasia, Europe, North America, Scandinavia, Africa, Asia|
|Tagline||"Let's Take Care of That" "It soothes. It heals. It protects."|
Carmex is a brand of lip balm produced by Carma Laboratories, Inc. It is sold in jars, sticks, and squeezable containers.
Carma Laboratories, Inc. began in Wisconsin in the early 1930s, when Alfred Woelbing began experimenting with creating his own line of lip balm and other cosmetic products. After experimenting with his products, Woelbing created Carmex on his family's stove top. He began by selling the product from the trunk of his xế hộp. Popularity increased through word-of-mouth. During this time Woelbing and his wife poured their lip balm into the now well-known yellow-capped jars. Then in 1957, the family business moved out of the kitchen and into a rented facility in the Milwaukee suburb of Wauwatosa.
After doing business lượt thích this, Woelbing discontinued making sales calls in 1972, which had mostly been in Wisconsin, Illinois and parts of Indiana. Woelbing's son Don joined the business in 1973, and introduced assembly lines lớn Carma Labs. In 1975, due lớn the product's success, a new production facility was built in the southwest suburb of Franklin; production at the same facility continues lớn the present day. The company employs about 100 people. It remains under the ownership of the founding family.
Carma Labs began producing the product in squeezable tubes in 1988. In 1989, it began producing it in stick size which had been the longtime size factor for ChapStick and Blistex, Carma's major competitors in the lip balm market. After these expansions within the company's production, in 1993, it was estimated that 9% of the lip balm market was held by Carma Labs. Alfred Woelbing continued lớn drive lớn the offices every day until 1997, when he suffered a stroke. He continued lớn come into the office at least once a week after this, until he died in 2001 at age 100.
The company continued further expansion under the management of Alfred's son Don and grandsons Paul and Eric. In 2002, mint-flavored Carmex lip balm (SPF 30) joined original Carmex lip balm in the product line, and Carmex lip balm became available throughout North America, nước Australia, Europe, Asia and Africa. During 2006, Internet voters chose strawberry and cherry as the newest Carmex lip balm sticks and also introduced the DailyCare Carmex with SPF 15. In 2017, the Carmex Comfort Care Lip Balm won the 2017 "Product of the Year" award in the Lip Care category.
In the United States, the active ingredients of Carmex lip balm are benzocaine, camphor (1.7%), menthol (0.7%), phenol (0.4%), and salicylic acid. The inactive ingredients, in order of greatest used lớn least used in the product, are petrolatum, lanolin, cetyl esters, paraffin wax, cocoa butter, beeswax, and flavor. However, this formula varies slightly around the world. The use of phenol in cosmetics is prohibited in the European Union.
Salicylic acid is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) almost identical lớn aspirin. In fact, aspirin's mechanism of action as an NSAID results from it being metabolized into salicylic acid. It is often incorrectly thought lớn be a drying agent; however, this is not true. Salicylic acid works as a keratolytic, comedolytic, and bacteriostatic agent, causing the cells of the epidermis lớn shed more readily, opening clogged pores and neutralizing bacteria within, preventing pores from clogging up again by constricting pore diameter, and allowing room for new cell growth.
Xem thêm: tóm tắt truyện lặng lẽ sa pa
- ^ Zank, Alex (14 January 2020). "Carmex maker lớn build new HQ in Franklin". BizTimes – Milwaukee Business News. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- ^ Paulsen, Eric (29 January 2004). "Made in Milwaukee". onmilwaukee.com.
- ^ a b "Carmex History". Carma Labs Inc. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- ^ "Major Private-Sector Employers" (PDF). ECONOMIC PROFILE: City of Franklin, WI. Franklin, Wisconsin: City of Franklin. 19 March 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 August 2014. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- ^ "About Us". Carma Labs Inc. Archived from the original on 25 October 2014. Retrieved 25 October 2014.
- ^ a b c "Carma Laboratories, Inc. History". FundingUniverse. 2004.
- ^ a b Scheuing, Kristen (2011). "The man behind Carmex: Paul Woelbing continues lớn diversify the popular lip balm". Wisconsin Trails. No. March/April 2011.
- ^ carmexthailand (11 February 2018). "The first lipbalm cream of USA most doctors accept and recommend". carmexthailand. Retrieved 21 February 2023.
- ^ "Carmex Lip Balm Wins Product of the Year Award". Beauty Packaging. Retrieved 5 January 2023.
- ^ Staff writers. "Ingredients". Carma Laboratories. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- ^ Staff writers. "How it works". Carma Laboratories. Archived from the original on 22 January 2009. Retrieved 5 August 2009.
- ^ "Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Aspirin – It's All About Salicylic Acid". American Chemical Society. Archived from the original on 10 June 2012.
- ^ Madan, RK; Levitt, J (April 2014). "A review of toxicity from topical salicylic acid preparations". J Am Acad Dermatol. 70 (4): 788–92. doi:10.1016/j.jaad.2013.12.005. PMID 24472429.
- ^ Bosund, I.; Erichsen, I.; Molin, N. (1960). "The Bacteriostatic kích hoạt of Benzoic and Salicylic Acids". Physiologia Plantarum (VI. Influence of Amino Acids and Related Substances on the Growth Inhibition). 13 (4): 800–11. doi:10.1111/j.1399-3054.1960.tb08103.x.
- Official website