From Wikipedia, the không tính tiền encyclopedia
|End of the Road|
Promotional release poster
Bạn đang xem: end of the road
|Directed by||Millicent Shelton|
|Story by||Christopher J. Moore|
|Edited by||Tirsa Hackshaw|
|Music by||Craig DeLeon|
End of the Road is an 2022 American crime thriller film directed by Millicent Shelton, written by Christopher J. Moore and David Loughery, and produced by Tracey Edmonds, Mark Burg, and Brad Kaplan. The film stars Queen Latifah, Ludacris, Mychala Lee, Shaun Dixon, and Beau Bridges.
End of the Road was released on September 9, 2022, by Netflix.
Brenda Freeman and her two children, Kelly and Cam, relocate from Los Angeles to tướng Houston after Brenda’s husband passes away from cancer. Brenda’s brother, Reggie, joins them on their move to tướng Houston to tướng live with their mother while they get back on their feet.
During their cross country drive, the group have a run rẩy in with a few rednecks who were angry when Kelly dismisses their flirtatious actions. Brenda apologizes to tướng the men, and they continue their journey.
Two men recover cash from the Sinola Cartel for the mysterious “Mr. Cross”. One of the men, Harvey, then shoots his partner and drives off with the cash.
The family stops at a motel in Arizona, where they hear a gunshot in the next room. Brenda, who is a nurse, rushes to tướng the other room where she finds Harvey bleeding out. When Harvey dies, Reggie discovers the bag full of cash and secretly takes it. After being questioned by the police the next morning, the Freeman’s leave the motel.
Xem thêm: do you know where
The local sheriff, J.D. Hammers, calls Brenda and requests that she return to tướng the motel to tướng answer some questions. Brenda declines the request, expressing that she already told the police everything she knew. She then gets a mysterious Hotline from an employee of Mr. Cross, but believes it to tướng be a scam. Brenda later discovers the bag of money and insists that they return it to tướng the police.
Brenda gets another Hotline from the employee, demanding the return of their money. Understanding the danger her family is in, Brenda tells the caller that she intends to tướng return the money, but on her own terms. She delivers the money to tướng another motel for Mr. Cross to tướng retrieve.
Believing that she is không tính tiền of the mess, Brenda takes the family to tướng a roadside attraction where Cam is kidnapped. Cross calls Brenda, demanding she deliver the money where he wants her or he will kill Cam. Brenda leaves Kelly in Reggie’s care and returns to tướng the inn where she dropped off the money, only to tướng discover that it is gone. She notices a young woman flee with the bag in a xế hộp. Brenda pursues, ending at a biker gang trailer park, where the girl knocks Brenda out.
Captain Hammers tracks down Reggie and Kelly, and warns them they must help him solve the case, or Brenda and Cam may die. Hammers takes them to tướng his ranch for safety.
Brenda gets không tính tiền and attacks her captors. When they learn the money belongs to tướng Mr. Cross, they willingly give up the money in fear of their lives. She then leaves to tướng save Cam.
Hammers, Reggie, and Kelly arrive at the former’s ranch, where he introduces them to tướng his wife, Val. Hammers opens his trunk to tướng reveal a tied-up Cam and tells them that he is Mr. Cross. The couple lock them in their basement.
Hammers / Mr. Cross calls Brenda to tướng deliver the cash. The three Freemans manage to tướng lure Hammers down into the basement, where they stun him. Val intervenes and stabs Reggie with a pair of scissors, but they overpower her. When Brenda arrives they decide to tướng drop the money on the driveway and take their leave. The Hammers không tính tiền themselves and pursue the Freemans with the intention of killing them to tướng tie up loose ends. When the Hammers catch them, Val attempts to tướng run rẩy over Brenda but Brenda throws a road flare into their xế hộp. Hammers accidentally blows Val’s head off with his shotgun, then crashes his xế hộp into a tree and is killed on impact.
Xem thêm: suc khoe va doi song tinh duc
The Freemans drive on to tướng Texas. Stopping at a diner, Reggie enthusiastically requests for them to tướng dig in and enjoy as he will be paying for all of it, revealing he took the bag of cash which no longer belongs to tướng anyone. Brenda realizes this is true and the Freemans celebrate over breakfast as they prepare to tướng start their new lives.
- Queen Latifah as Brenda Freeman
- Ludacris (credited by Chris Bridges) as Reggie Freeman, Brenda's younger brother
- Mychala Faith Lee as Kelly Freeman, Brenda's daughter and Reggie's niece
- Shaun Dixon as Cam Freeman, Brenda's son and Reggie's nephew
- Frances Lee McCain as Val Hammers, J.D.'s wife
- Beau Bridges as Sheriff J.D. Hammers / Mr. Cross
On February 3, 2022, Netflix revealed End of the Road in a promotional film preview that aired for Super Bowl LVI. Director Millicent Shelton expressed her intention to tướng create a "new genre" with the film, and for the film to tướng reflect the Black experience in America. Queen Latifah, who stars as the film's lead, joined Shakim Compere as an executive producer, making End of the Road the first thriller that Latifah produced. Filming primarily took place in New Mexico.
On Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 31% based on 29 reviews, with an average rating of 4.5/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "An action thriller that's neither action-packed nor thrilling, End of the Road wastes a pair of perfectly good stars on a bottom-of-the-barrel story." Metacritic assigned the film a weighted average score of 44 out of 100, based on 10 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
- ^ "5 Black Women Directors Who Should Direct Tomi Adeyemi's 'Children Of Blood And Bone'". news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2022-08-15.
- ^ Jones, Monique. "'End Of The Road' Teaser Trailer: Queen Latifah And Ludacris Are Siblings On Run From A Killer In Netflix Film". Shadow and Act. Retrieved 2022-08-16.
- ^ "'End Of The Road' Teaser Trailer: Queen Latifah And Ludacris Are Siblings On Run From A Killer In Netflix Film". news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2022-08-15.
- ^ Corrine, Amber (2022-08-15). "Queen Latifah And Ludacris Star In New Netflix 'End Of The Road' Trailer". VIBE.com. Retrieved 2022-08-15.
- ^ Hagan, Philippa (2022-08-04). "Top 10 Movies Coming To Netflix In 2022". Collider. Retrieved 2022-08-16.
- ^ "END OF THE ROAD | Official Trailer | Netflix". blackfilm.com. 2022-08-15. Archived from the original on 2022-11-09. Retrieved 2022-08-16.
- ^ Radulovic, Petrana (2022-02-03). "Netflix announces every new movie coming to tướng the service in 2022". Polygon. Retrieved 2022-08-16.
- ^ Couch, Aaron (2022-02-11). "How Netflix Assembled a Dozen A-Listers (In Character) for Its Super Bowl Ad". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2022-08-19.
- ^ "A-list actors shine in preview for Netflix Canada's top movies of 2022 | Curated". dailyhive.com. Retrieved 2022-08-16.
- ^ "First Look: Queen Latifah And Ludacris Play Brother And Sister In 'End Of The Road'". Essence. Retrieved 2022-08-15.
- ^ Jackson, Angelique (2022-05-04). "Queen Latifah Only Cares About What's Next: 'The Equalizer' Season 3, Two Netflix Films and Empowering Women". Variety. Retrieved 2022-08-15.
- ^ "Queen Latifah, Ludacris lead NM-made Netflix film 'End of the Road' - Albuquerque Journal". www.abqjournal.com. Retrieved 2022-08-16.
- ^ "End of the Road (2022)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved October 16, 2022.
- ^ "End of the Road Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved October 16, 2022.
- End of the Road at IMDb