From Wikipedia, the không lấy phí encyclopedia
|Three Thousand Years of Longing|
Theatrical release poster
Bạn đang xem: three thousand years of longing
|Directed by||George Miller|
|Based on||"The Djinn in the Nightingale's Eye"|
by A. S. Byatt
|Edited by||Margaret Sixel|
|Music by||Tom Holkenborg|
|Box office||$20.3 million|
Three Thousand Years of Longing is a 2022 fantasy romantic drama film directed and produced by George Miller. Written by Miller and Augusta Gore, it is based on the 1994 short story "The Djinn in the Nightingale's Eye" by A. S. Byatt and stars Idris Elba as a djinn who is unleashed from a bottle by a professor (Tilda Swinton) and tells her stories from his thousands of years of existence. The film is dedicated vĩ đại Miller's mother Angela, as well as Rena Mitchell, relative of producer Doug Mitchell.
The film premiered out of competition at the 75th Cannes Film Festival on May trăng tròn, 2022, where it received a six-minute standing ovation. It was released theatrically in the United States on August 26, 2022, by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (via United Artists Releasing), and in nước Australia on September 1, 2022, by Roadshow Entertainment. It received generally positive reviews from critics, who praised its visuals and performances, but was a box-office bomb, grossing $20.3 million against a budget of $60 million.
Alithea Binnie is a British narratology scholar who occasionally hallucinates demonic beings. During a trip vĩ đại Istanbul, Alithea purchases an antique bottle and unleashes the Djinn trapped within it. The Djinn offers vĩ đại grant Alithea three wishes, sánh long as each one is truly her heart's desire. However, Alithea argues that wishing is a mistake, accusing the Djinn of being a trickster. She says that when she was a child, she created an imaginary friend in the sườn of a young boy and even imagined his whole life (which she wrote in a diary) but decided vĩ đại forget about him, fearing vĩ đại be overwhelmed by her own imagination. In response, the Djinn proceeds vĩ đại tell her three tales of his past and how he ended up trapped in the bottle.
In the first story, the Queen of Sheba, the Djinn's cousin and lover, is wooed by King Solomon, who imprisons the Djinn in a bottle which is cast into the Red Sea by a bird. The second story centers on Gülten, a concubine in the palace of Suleiman the Magnificent. After finding the bottle, Gülten wishes for Suleiman's son, Mustafa, vĩ đại fall in love with her and subsequently wishes vĩ đại bear his child. Hürrem Sultan, a favored concubine of Suleiman, schemes vĩ đại have her own son on the throne and convinces Suleiman that Mustafa is conspiring against him; this results in Mustafa's murder. Despite the Djinn's attempts vĩ đại save her, the pregnant Gülten is also killed on Suleiman's orders as she refuses vĩ đại make her final wish, or at least desists from timely doing sánh.
The Djinn wanders the palace for over 100 years, invisible due vĩ đại the concealment of the bottle. He almost captures the attention of Murad IV, who goes vĩ đại war and becomes a ruthless ruler, later dying from alcoholism. His brother Ibrahim becomes the new sultan and develops a fetish for fat concubines. His favorite among them, Sugar Lump, uncovers the bottle after slipping. The Djinn appears vĩ đại her and desperately begs her vĩ đại make the third wish. Thinking he is a trickster, Sugar Lump wishes for the Djinn vĩ đại be re-imprisoned in his bottle at the bottom of the Bosporus.
In the final story, Zefir, the slave of a Turkish merchant, is given the bottle after it is recovered in the mid-19th century from the belly of a gutted fish. Zefir wishes first for all-reaching knowledge, which the Djinn grants in the sườn of books, and later vĩ đại perceive the world as djinns vì thế. Despite the Djinn's growing affection for Zefir and the fact she is now pregnant with his child, she grows increasingly crowded by his unwillingness vĩ đại let her make a third wish and kết thúc their bond. The Djinn offers vĩ đại reside in his bottle whenever she wishes. However, Zefir wishes vĩ đại forget she met the Djinn, leaving him imprisoned and unknown once again. This last story moves Alithea vĩ đại the point where she wishes for the Djinn and herself vĩ đại fall in love, resulting in them having sex.
Afterwards, the Djinn and Alithea decide vĩ đại travel back vĩ đại London.
One day, Alithea discovers that the Djinn is becoming weaker due vĩ đại the effects that the city's cell tower and satellite transmissions have when interacting with his electromagnetic physiology. She uses her second wish vĩ đại get the severely ill Djinn vĩ đại speak again, apologizes for using her wish vĩ đại deny them the chance vĩ đại fall in love naturally, and uses her third and final wish vĩ đại mix the Djinn không lấy phí, sánh he is able vĩ đại return vĩ đại "The Realm of Djinn".
Xem thêm: the girl next door
Three years later, Alithea has written a book containing all the stories that the Djinn told her, lượt thích she once did with her childhood imaginary friend. Though expecting never vĩ đại see him again, the now-healthy Djinn visits Alithea three years later and periodically returns throughout her lifetime.
- Tilda Swinton as Alithea Binnie
- Alyla Browne as young Alithea Binnie
- Idris Elba as the Djinn
- Aska Karem as airport Security officer
- Erdil Yaşaroğlu as Professor Gühan
- Sarah Houbolt as airport Djinn
- Aamito Lagum as the Queen of Sheba
- Sabrina Dhowre as the British Council Lady/The Watcher 
- Nicolas Mouawad as King Solomon
- Ece Yüksel as Gülten
- Matteo Bocelli as Prince Mustafa
- Lachy Hulme as Sultan Suleiman
- Megan Gale as Hürrem
- Oğulcan Arman Uslu as Murad IV
- Kaan Guldur as young Murad
- Jack Braddy as Ibrahim
- Hugo Vella as young Ibrahim
- Zerrin Tekindor as Kösem
- Anna Adams as Sugar Lump
- David Collins as Ozmet the Jocular
- Burcu Gölgedar as Zefir
- Vince Gil as old merchant
- Melissa Jaffer as Clementine
- Anne Charleston as Fanny
- Danny Lim as storyteller with dog
- Quaden Bayles
It was announced in October 2018 that George Miller had mix his next directorial effort, described as "epic in scope" and expected vĩ đại begin filming in 2019. Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton were announced as cast members the same month. The film is based on A. S. Byatt's short story "The Djinn in the Nightingale's Eye."
In a July 2019 interview, Miller said that pre-production would begin in late 2019, and that filming would begin on March 2, 2020, between nước Australia, Turkey and the United Kingdom. Filming was delayed due vĩ đại the COVID-19 pandemic and began in November 2020 in nước Australia.
In May 2020, MGM (via United Artists Releasing) acquired the film's North American distribution rights, with Metropolitan Filmexport and Sunac Culture handling distribution in France and Trung Quốc respectively. Roadshow Entertainment handled the Australian distribution, while Entertainment Film Distributors handled distribution in the United Kingdom.
The film premiered out of competition at the 75th Cannes Film Festival on May trăng tròn, 2022, where it received a six-minute standing ovation. An activist protesting sexual violence perpetrated by Russian soldiers in Ukraine appeared at the premiere and stripped nude while screaming before being removed by Cannes security. The film's first trailer was also released that day.
The film's scheduled release date of August 31, 2022, in the United States, was moved up vĩ đại August 26. It was released in nước Australia on September 1, 2022.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer and Warner Bros. trang chủ Entertainment released the film for VOD on November 1, 2022, followed by a Blu-ray, DVD and 4K UHD release on November 15, 2022.
Three Thousand Years of Longing grossed $8.3 million in the United States and Canada, and $12 million in other territories, for a worldwide total of $20.3 million, against a production budget of $60 million.
Xem thêm: phim xet hang quat
In the United States and Canada, it was released alongside The Invitation and Breaking. It made $1.4 million on its first day and went on vĩ đại debut with $2.9 million from 2,436 theaters on its opening weekend. Variety called it "a terrible result for a movie that's playing in thousands of theaters across the country", and noted that it would be one of the biggest box office bombs of 2022, with industry experts blaming lack of marketing and the wide-release strategy. TheWrap, while acknowledging its box office underperformance, noted the film could still turn a profit for MGM after it went vĩ đại streaming, as the company spent only $6 million on domestic distribution rights. In its second weekend, the film made $1.5 million (and a total of $1.9 million over the four-day Labor Day frame), dropping 47.1% and finishing 13th.
On the review aggregator trang web Rotten Tomatoes, 71% of 254 critics' reviews are positive, with an average rating of 6.5/10. The website's critics consensus reads, "Although its story isn't as impressive as its visual marvels, it's hard not vĩ đại admire Three Thousand Years of Longing's sheer ambition." Metacritic, which uses a weighted average, assigned the film a score of 60 out of 100, based on 52 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews". Audiences polled by CinemaScore gave the film an average grade of "B" on an A+ vĩ đại F scale.
Peter Debruge of Variety said: "These days, audiences are sánh savvy about the tricks at a filmmaker's disposal that the movie's greatest achievement is that it seizes our imagination (or perhaps that's our attention deficit disorder being sánh brusquely manhandled) and holds it for the better part of two hours, defying us vĩ đại anticipate what comes next."
- ^ a b c d Utichi, Joe (May 17, 2022). "Inside George Miller's 20-Year Quest To Make 'Three Thousand Years Of Longing', As 'Furiosa' Revs Her Engines – Cannes". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 17, 2022.
- ^ "Mad Max: Fury Road Composer Tom Holkenborg (aka Junkie XL) on Reuniting With George Miller for Three Thousand Years of Longing". Below the Line. December 6, 2022.
- ^ "Three Thousand Years of Longing (15)". BBFC. August 27, 2022. Retrieved August 27, 2022.
Cinema 107m 53s
- ^ a b Endre, Dora (March 21, 2022). "Three Thousand Years of Longing: Everything We Know So Far". MovieWeb. Retrieved May 18, 2022.
- ^ a b c Rubin, Rebecca (August 24, 2022). "Box Office: Box Office: Three New Movies Slink Into Theaters, With Limited Expectations". Variety. Retrieved August 24, 2022.
- ^ a b "Three Thousand Years of Longing (2022)". Box Office Mojo. IMDb. Retrieved October 13, 2022.
- ^ "Sabrina Dhowre Elba". IMDb.
- ^ Wiseman, Andreas (October 25, 2018). "AFM Hot Pic: George Miller To Direct Movie Epic 'Three Thousand Years Of Longing', FilmNation To Launch Sales". Deadline Hollywood.
- ^ Kit, Borys (October 25, 2018). "Idris Elba, Tilda Swinton vĩ đại Star in George Miller's Epic Love Story 'Three Thousand Years of Longing' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- ^ Mathai, Jeremy (May 18, 2022). "Three Thousand Years Of Longing Footage Reveals First Look At George Miller's New Movie". /Film. Retrieved February 22, 2022.
- ^ "Three Thousand Years Of Longing". Production List. January 13, 2020.
- ^ Thompson, Anne (July 23, 2019). "George Miller Looks Back on 'Mad Max: Fury Road,' and Forward vĩ đại More Furiosa". IndieWire.
- ^ Fleming, Mike Jr. (December 6, 2019). "George Miller On March Start Date For Next Film, More 'Mad Max', Defending Superheroes As Cinema & The Search For Depth That Makes Movies Like 'Fury Road' Unforgettable". Deadline Hollywood.
- ^ Kay, Jeremy; Tutt, Louise (September 10, 2020). "Cautious industry heads into TIFF with eyes wide open". Screen Daily.
- ^ Wiseman, Andreas (December 9, 2020). "George Miller's 'Three Thousand Years Of Longing' Underway In Australia; Oscar-Winning DoP John Seale Among 'Mad Max: Fury Road' Team Re-Uniting On Movie". Deadline Hollywood.
- ^ Fleming, Mike Jr. (May 14, 2020). "MGM Lands North American Rights On George Miller-Directed 'Three Thousand Years Of Longing' With Idris Elba & Tilda Swinton". Deadline Hollywood.
- ^ a b Keslassy, Elsa (March 16, 2022). "George Miller's 'Three Thousand Years of Longing' With Tilda Swinton, Idris Elba Set for Cannes (Exclusive)". Variety. Retrieved March 16, 2022.
- ^ "Three Thousand Years of Longing | Official Trailer | 2022 [HD]". May 23, 2022. Retrieved May 23, 2022 – via YouTube.
- ^ "Three Thousand Years of Longing | Official Trailer HD | Starring Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton". May 21, 2022. Retrieved July 2, 2022 – via YouTube.
- ^ Sharf, Zack (May trăng tròn, 2022). "George Miller's Visual Feast 'Three Thousand Years of Longing' Earns Six-Minute Standing Ovation in Cannes". Variety. Retrieved May trăng tròn, 2022.
- ^ Wiseman, Andreas (May trăng tròn, 2022). "Activist Removed From Cannes Red Carpet Following Naked Protest Against Sexual Violence In Ukraine". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved June 3, 2022.
- ^ Chapman, Wilson (May trăng tròn, 2022). "George Miller Tells an Epic, Fantasy Love Story in 'Three Thousand Years of Longing' Trailer". Variety. Retrieved July 15, 2022.
- ^ O'Rourke, Ryan (August 5, 2022). "George Miller's 'Three Thousand Years of Longing' Release Date Moved Up". Collider. Retrieved August 8, 2022.
- ^ "Three Thousand Years of Longing DVD Release Date". www.dvdsreleasedates.com. Retrieved October 28, 2022.
- ^ "Three Thousand Years of Longing - Financial Information". The Numbers. Nash Information Services, LLC. Retrieved October 6, 2022.
- ^ a b D'Alessandro, Anthony (August 27, 2022). "Horror Pic 'The Invitation' Leads Worst Weekend At This Summer's Box Office, All Pics Grossing $54M". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 27, 2022.
- ^ McClintock, Pamela (August 28, 2022). "Box Office: 'The Invitation' Leads Horrifyingly Slow Weekend With $7M". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 28, 2022.
- ^ Rubin, Rebecca (August 28, 2022). "'The Invitation' Tops Box Office With $7 Million in Catastrophically Slow Weekend". Variety. Retrieved August 28, 2022.
- ^ Welk, Brian (August 29, 2022). "Why George Miller's 'Three Thousand Years of Longing' Tanked at the Box Office". TheWrap. Retrieved September 2, 2022.
- ^ D'Alessandro, Anthony (September 3, 2022). "Rebound Summer Loses Heat With Ice Cold Labor Day Weekend — Even With $3 Tickets On National Cinema Day; 'Top Gun: Maverick' Nearing $700M – Saturday AM Box Office". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved September 4, 2022.
- ^ "Three Thousand Years of Longing". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved October 23, 2022.:71%|
- ^ "Three Thousand Years of Longing". Metacritic. Retrieved September 5, 2022.
- ^ Debruge, Peter (May trăng tròn, 2022). "'Three Thousand Years of Longing' Review: George Miller's Wishy-Washy Fantasy Has Serious Story Problems". Variety. Retrieved August 24, 2022.